- For Alumni
A library card is available to alumni (degree holders) of Doshisha University and Graduate School who wish to use the library. The card is not issued to alumni of Doshisha Women’s College of Liberal Arts or other Doshisha schools (Please see ‘ For Visitors ’).
Applying for a library card
- When and where to apply
Please visit the main counter in person during opening hours from Monday to Friday.
- Required materials for application
- An original document certifying your current address, such as driver’s license, health insurance card, a Copy of the Resident Record (issued within the last one month), and passport.
- Application form
You can also obtain an application form at the information or the main counter in the library.
- A photograph of your face (3cm×4cm, either color or black and white)
- A fee of 1,000 yen for issuing a library card and a payment certificate
The payment certificate is printed from the certificate issuance machine.
Please note that the certificate issuance machine is not in the library.
For the location, please visit ‘Certificates’ on the Doshisha University website (in Japanese) .
- Application Procedures
- Please fill out an application form with your photo attached and bring it to the office of the faculty or graduate school from which you graduated to receive a graduation confirmation seal. As the location and opening hours differ in each faculty and graduate school, please confirm before visiting .
- Submit the application form complete with graduation confirmation seal to the main counter of the library.
- A library card is issued upon confirmation of your current address.
- With the library card, you can enter the library and check out materials, as well as renew loan items or make reservations online.
About the library card
- Always carry your library card with you when you visit the Imadegawa Library or the Learned Memorial Library. Please read instructions on the back of the library card.
- One library card is issued per person. Loss or theft of a library card must be reported to the main counter immediately. A replacement card will be issued for 1,000 yen.
- A library card can be used from the afternoon of the next working day following the submission of your application.
- Any changes in personal information, such as address and telephone number, should be reported immediately to the main counter of the library.
- Please return your library card immediately if you no longer use it.
- A library card must be renewed at the end of each year. (confirmation of your address, etc.) Please bring the original document certifying your current address, such as driver’s license, health insurance card, a Copy of the Resident Record (issued within the last one month), and passport.
Library Usage Guide
|Returning||Please return any borrowed materials at the main counter, or drop them in the Book Return Slot if the library is closed, before the due date.|
*You may return materials to either Imadegawa Library or the Learned Memorial Library.
|Renewal||If you wish to renew borrowed materials, please bring them to the main counter with your library card before the due date. |
|Reservation||You can reserve an item that is currently on loan to someone else. |
|Online Services||In addition to renewing and reserving library materials, you can check your library record via My DOORS .|
|Delivery Request||You can request books and other materials from the other campus library. Please fill out a request form and apply at the main counter.|
|Materials of Research Laboratories||If you wish to use materials of research laboratories, please inquire at the main counter or the reference counter.|
Availabilities and usage rules are different depending on each research laboratory.
*If you have overdue items, you will not be able to borrow, renew, reserve or make any requests.
|Closed-stack materials||You can use closed-stack materials at Imadegawa Library. Please fill out an application form and submit it to the main counter with your library card.|
|Materials in the Rare Books Room|
|Photocopying||Photocopying of library materials is permitted within the limits of copyrights law.|
|Audio-visual materials||To use audio-visual materials, such as videos, DVDs and CDs, please bring them to the reception desk of the Multimedia Library with your library card. You can freely enjoy them within the Multimedia Library, though they are not available for circulation.|
|PC Corner||You are not permitted to use the library’s PC Corner.|
|Reference Service||We only accept requests to locate library materials.|
|Materials of other universities||You are not permitted to use interlibrary services, such as the photocopying or loaning of materials of other universities and organizations.|
|Libraries of Doshisha Women’s College of Liberal Arts||You may use the materials of the libraries of Doshisha Women’s College of Liberal Arts if you submit the application in advance. Please consult with the reference counter. |
You are not permitted to borrow the materials of the college, nor make requests to send for materials from other campus libraries of the college.
Rules for Library Users
Please follow the rules listed below when using the library.
- Opening days and hours are subject to change. Please check the library calendar before visiting the library.
- Please use public transportation when you visit the library. Access by car or motorcycle is strictly prohibited.
- Users are not permitted to enter the library with accompanying children.
- To enter the library, please bring your library card.
- Do not lend your library card or the library materials borrowed on your card to another person.
- If you carry out the library materials that were not checked out, an alarm will sound, and you cannot go through the exit.
- Library materials must be handled with care and respect. Please do not underline text or annotate documents. If library materials are damaged, defaced or lost, the borrower will be asked to pay for repair or replacement.
- It is forbidden to talk on the cell phone, eat, smoke, or chat in the library. Drinks in spill-proof containers with lids are permitted.
- You are responsible for your own belongings in the library. Keep your valuables with you at all time.
- If you cause trouble to other users or do not follow the instructions of the library staff, you may be asked to leave the library.